What sets us apart
- Small class size
- Mixed-age classroom
- Independent thinking
- Strong community utilization
- Students learn at their own pace
- No homework
- Hands-on & e-learning
- Socratic Guiding
- Travel is encouraged
Acton Academy East Bay students learn together in a mixed age classroom, bringing the classic one-room school house into the modern age. Students learn to mentor and be mentored by one another. Our Guides (our term for teachers) are not lecturers, but act as facilitators of student growth.
The Acton Methods of Learning
Socratic Discussions and self paced challenges equip children to be independent lifelong learners.
We use the latest in educational technology in a purposeful, meaningful way, allowing students to learn at their own ability level and at their own pace.
Hands-on & Quest-based learning
Hands-on Quests for Science, Entrepreneurship and the Arts prepare children for Apprenticeships and real world challenges.
The Hero’s Journey, relational covenants and real world consequences transform difficult decisions into virtuous habits.
Our promises to your child
- Begin a Hero's Journey
- Learn to be a curious, independent, lifelong learner.
- Develop a deep respect for economic, political and religious freedoms.
- Cherish the arts, wonders of the physical world and the mysteries of life on Earth.
- Discover his or her most precious gifts and learn to use them to solve difficult problems.