Elementary School Guide
Acton Academy East Bay is seeking an Elementary School Guide.
The Guide is expected to work five days a week spending time in the Studio and as well as planning, documenting, communicating with parents, and performing administrative tasks.
Do you believe that children are more powerful than we ever imagined? Do you believe that children should be the agents and primary drivers of their learning, the entrepreneurs of their own education and life calling? Do you believe that Montessori principles are the best foundation for life's journey?
If your answer to all these questions is "yes!", we'd love to explore how you can join our team of passionate Montessorians, entrepreneurs, and innovators working to Acton Academy East Bay!
What is Acton Academy?
Acton Academy East Bay is a school that guides each child on a journey to develop a growth mindset and discover a calling.
Acton Academy East Bay is an independent affiliate of Acton Academy, founded in 2009 in Austin, Texas. The Acton network includes 81 "learner-driven" schools across the United States and around the world.
Acton Academy East Bay students learn together in a mixed age classroom, bringing the classic one-room school house into the modern age. Students learn to mentor and be mentored by one another. Our Guides (our term for teachers) are not lecturers, but act as facilitators of student growth.
We are looking for someone with a deep curiosity about life, a lifelong love of learning, and an entrepreneurial spirit (must thrive in a startup environment). She/he will be responsible for facilitating a nurturing and joyful studio culture. We seek someone who has:
- Montessori training.
- Experience working with children (ages 6-10 preferred), even if this experience was prior to receiving Montessori training.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and desire to experiment, evaluate, and improve on everything she/he does.
- A willingness to be coached and mentored.
- A passion for the Montessori philosophy and the discipline to embody Montessori values at all times.
- A deep respect for all children and empathy for the challenges children face in their lives.
- A commitment to practicing gentle, compassionate limit setting.
- A strong teamwork ethic, a genuine desire to collaborate with colleagues, and a steadfast sense of professionalism.
- Acton offers a competitive salary plus a bonus structure based on performance. The position also offers opportunities for professional development, growth, and advancement.
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, how the position is part of your own "hero's journey" and how you heard about this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use "Montessori Elementary Guide" as the subject of the email.